Warehouse Logistics Manager, Hampshire
Fantastic opportunity for a proven Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join a growing food manufacturing business based in Hampshire.
My client is a successful food manufacturing business supplying the major retailers. This business is looking to recruit a Warehouse and Logistics Manager at its site in Hampshire.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and despatch of a variety of products. Ultimately you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and efficiently.
You will manage a team of four Team Leaders, 15 permanent / agency Warehouse Operatives, one Inventory Controller and one Driver.
Day to day activities will include:
- Strategically managing the warehouse in compliance with the businesses policies and vision
- Planning, co-ordinating and monitoring the receiving, storage, order assembly and distribution operations
- Ensuring the setup, layout and space utilisation is efficient
- Initiate, co-ordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation and traceability requirements
- Maintaining standards of Health & Safety, Hygiene and Security
- Managing stock control and reconciliation with data storage system, AX Dynamics, making sure inventories are accurate
- Preparing the annual budget
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies
- Planning the work rotas, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Organising the recruitment, on-boarding and training of associates, as well as coaching and monitoring associate performance and progress
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met and exceeded
- Produce an effective and meaningful set of KPIs to report to the team and business to drive continuous improvement
To apply you must have:
- Strong leadership and people management skills; including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas
- A food industry background with a good understanding of goods in and goods out
- An understanding of audit requirements (BRC, PIU etc)
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse
- Knowledge of UK driving regulations and the Working Time Directive - 7.5t vehicles
- Be proactive and have the ability to use your own initiative and work under pressure
- Be analytical with the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
Send your CV in today to avoid missing out on this great Warehouse & Logistics Manager position!
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. NCM13731 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778