Multi Skilled Engineer - Nights
Our client, a FMCG company in Spalding are looking to recruit a Multi Skilled Engineer on a 4 on 4 off night shift.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor the main purpose of your job will be to use both mechanical and electrical engineering skills / knowledge to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment. Provide first class, flexible support to production requirements and factory services at all time. Train and develop production staff to deliver their first line maintenance objectives. Identify and develop projects.
• Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
• Recognised engineering qualifications
• Previous maintenance experience – manufacturing environment preferable
• Advanced understanding of PLC & computer programming and data acquisition
• Competent electrical / electronic fault finding and analysis skills
• Self managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
• Flexible working attitude.
• Sound communication / training skills with ability to apply these when under pressure
• Ability to work alongside people with diverse skills and understanding
• Methodical record keeping is essential
• Knowledge of 17th Edition
• Pneumatics qualification or training.
• Experience of steam distribution systems.
• Comply with SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
• Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
• Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
• Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff.
• Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
• Respond / assist / investigate cause of a factory Fire Alarm / Evacuation as requested by the incident controller / engineering / production management team.
• Ensuring that all H&S procedures, engineering best practices are adhered to at all times.