Hygiene Section Manager (nights)
Our client, a Leading International Manufacturer of Fresh Prepared Foods is looking to appoint a Hygiene Section Manager for their site based in Nottinghamshire. As a company that values and nurtures the talent of their people, there are excellent career opportunities within the group for individuals that show aptitude and talent.
The role of the Hygiene Section Manager will be to lead and manage a large hygiene team ensuring hygiene standards are met and the factory is handed back to operations in a timely manner with no compromise on food safety.
The site employs over 1000 people and supplies almost all of the major retailers. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the premium, fast-moving chilled foods sector.
Responsibilities will include:
- Health & Safety - To pro-actively manage to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- Hygiene Standards - To lead and drive hygiene standards through regular monitoring and auditing of strip down and cleaning taking place to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- Performance Management - To appropriately manage the performance of all team members including direct reports and, if necessary, to impose disciplinary sanctions.
- Training & Development - To own the training & development of all levels of the team including direct reports.
- Performance Improvement - Use KPIs to drive performance. Ensure Team delivers agreed KPIs across the operation. Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs. Implements PIPs and identify areas for improvement.
- Resource Management - Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- Communication – Manages the communication process in their area to ensure that the workforce in their area is well informed on relevant business news.
- Recruitment - Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and all staff within their area. Responsible for the supervision and coaching of direct reports.
Essential skills include:
- Problem solving & decision making; able to identify appropriate solutions to issues, and evaluates success.
- Change Management; able to support and implement change programmes and to meet targets for cost, quality and time.
- Influence & challenge; able to persuade, convince, challenge and influence others to achieve desired results for the business.
- Communication; able to communicate to people clearly, concisely and with a high level of integrity. Methods to include written reports, face to face, presentations, email etc.
- Managing People Performance & Coaching; able to identify and maximise underlying potential to deliver long term growth in individuals.
- Planning & organisation; able to plan and organise resources and people and prioritise according to the demands at any particular moment.
- IT skills; PC literate including up to intermediate standard in Word, Power point and Excel.
- The company are an international business who are true partners with the Top Grocery Retail Leaders
- The company’s core values are Customer Care, Can-Do Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Getting it Right/ Keeping it Right
- Their vision is to be recognised and respected as the world’s leading fresh prepared foods provider. They aim to drive profitable growth with a clearly defined strategy
- Setting the industry benchmark for safety, quality, service and innovation through the talent and commitment of their people
If you are an experienced Hygiene Professional with a background in Food Manufacturing then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference JJ-P4063 - with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability. This role is working on a 4 on 4 off shift basis 17:30 – 05:30.