Interim R&D Manager (Long-Term)
Paul Nyman Consultancy are currently recruiting an R&D Manager for a chilled business based in the South West of England, commutable from Somerset, parts of Bristol, Dorset and Devon.
Forming part of a well-established FMCG group, this site based in the Somerset area produce a range of popular chilled products for a number of key retailers. Significant investment over the past few years has enabled this site to upgrade and expand its lines, resulting in a product range which is set to strategically grow over the coming years. They now seek an experienced R&D Manager to support their premium retailer team on a long-term interim basis.
An opportunity has now arisen for an experienced R&D Manager who will be responsible for:
- Identifying and evaluating viable new chilled products and processes to bring to market in a timely manner
- Planning and organising the innovation and development programme for premium retailers
- Creation and delivery of concepts to meet customer concept expectations and work with key parties to identify 1-5 year concepts for innovation strategy
- Maintaining awareness of relevant technological developments and equipment to keep abreast of any relevant food legislation or patent restrictions that may arise
- Communicating effectively with key colleagues and production personnel to execute factory trials and protocol
As R&D Manager, you are required to have a degree or similar qualification and at least 3-5 years’ experience in the food industry with an understanding of how the chilled category functions. The ability to be investigative, creative and innovative is key here, as are your project management skills due to the fast-paced nature of a chilled product environment. Due to the strategic nature of the position, commercial awareness is necessary as is the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
Given the size of the business you will develop your career through being both hands on in the kitchen and as a well-respected team leader. This opportunity boasts a chance to join a business on a long-term interim basis and make a difference whilst doing so.
Paul Nyman Consultancy specialise in NPD jobs, Technical jobs, Sales jobs, Marketing jobs & Category jobs /recruitment across the UK.