Label Room Operative / Printer - 12 month FTC
Mack is part of the Fresca Group, the largest privately owned supplier of fresh produce to the UK. Customers include the major multiple retailers and we source our goods from over 60 countries worldwide. Our sophisticated UK packing and distribution facilities in Paddock Wood enable us to consistently meet the challenging needs of our prestigious customer base, seven days a week.
We are looking for a Label Room Operative to join our QA function on a 12 month fixed term contract
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
You will be responsible for printing labels of the correct style, volume and quality to support the business requirements and meet customer specifications.
Excellent attention to detail is required to continually monitor print quality and deal with any problems that may arise. You will issue correct packaging to Operational staff and receive back unused packaging, ensuring compliance to departmental procedures at all times. The ability to work to deadlines, be well organised and adapt quickly within a fast paced environment is essential. You will:
• Prepare areas to order labels in the correct quantities via team leader requests
• Check the detail of labels printed in the label room and on line against availability to ensure that they are correct before issuing them using the quick spec system
• Ensure that all paperwork is completed and filed correctly at all times
• Ensure that all packhouse equipment that is stored in the label rooms are stored in the correct manner and maintained to a good standard
• Comply with all relevant Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policy, Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Dignity at Work Policy and Hygiene Policy.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING…
…and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for! For this role, you will have:
• Basic literacy and numeracy
• Working knowledge of Excel required to read and check information accurately and to input data into spreadsheets
• Good communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Time Management
• Experience of working in the fresh produce industry
WE ALL LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…
…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our people:
• 25 days holiday plus eight bank holidays per annum
• Free eye tests for computer users
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Company share scheme
• 'Choose your own device' scheme
• Fruit for a charitable donation
• Subsidised canteen & deli bar
• Free on-site parking
42.5 hours per week with weekend working on a Rota basis. This role may also include night shift working. The earliest you would be required to start is 5.45am and the latest start time would be 6pm. You will also receive shift premiums when you work unsociable hours. Due to the nature of our shifts, our ideal candidate would have access to their own transport.