Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Our Client, a leading international manufacturer of chilled convenience foods for the major retailers is looking for a HS&E Manager to provide professional support and guidance to the Leadership team on all operational HS&E matters, including Strategy delivery.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Drive HS&E performance improvement to deliver agreed KPI targets
- Ensure the site’s HS&E policies and systems are managed effectively to support the adherence to all relevant HS&E legislation and agreed internal standards
- Monitor and embed the site management processes, including the investigation of all lost time incidents and management of the incident recording system, to ensure a safe working environment is maintained
- Ensure that HS&E incidents are reported to the enforcing authorities, in accordance with the requirements of relevant regulations, to ensure legal compliance
- Lead the HS&E site audit programmes to ensure compliance with agreed standards and recommend areas for improvement
- Co-ordinate and manage local Stakeholder relationships and ensure there are no compliance issues
- Develop and deliver the site’s HS&E plan in conjunction with the leadership team to improve HS&E performance
- Develop and implement Behavioural Safety/Environmental Awareness culture development activities across all functions
Essential skills include:
- National / Professional qualification (preferably to degree level) in Health, Safety and Environment and / or experience in a HS&E advisory role
- Experience in a manufacturing or FMCG environment
- Up to date knowledge of HS&E legislation
- Track record of implementing HS&E improvement initiatives
- Established over 15 years ago, a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods supplying a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods across the group
- Group-wide customers include major retailers and food service businesses in the UK and US
- Passionate about food with people at the core of their business
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
Are you an experienced HS&E Manager with a commitment to raising standards within a fast-moving manufacturing environment? If you are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this could be the job for you. The role attracts a salary of up to £60k per annum and is based at our client’s London site.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4068 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.