Site Technical Manager
Site Technical Manager (Citrus) INTERIM
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Lead on site technical function within MMUK ensuring all QMS systems are compliant with BRC, customer and legislation requirements.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the operational process and production of finished goods is appropriately controlled, via HACCP, to ensure compliance with food safety, legal and customer standards.
- Ensure that technical governance is in place to deliver audit compliance with respect to internal, external, legal and customer requirements.
- Work alongside other Managers and Heads to keep them informed on personal and employee relations policies as needed to preserve and facilitate company strategy
- Lead on site technical compliance ensuring compliance against customer, BRC and legislation requirements.
- Facilitate and Lead on site audits BRC and customer audits.
- Manage internal auditing schedule, pest control, allergens and all QMS systems.
- Ensure all site procedures are managed, reviewed and implemented with relevant departments.
- Maintain KPI reporting system for Technical site function
- Experience of managing a QMS and site technical systems is essential.
- Experience of lead on site technical functions is essential
- Experience in a similar role within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Basic allergen awareness/practical knowledge of the management of allergens.
- Expertise in interpretation of customer code of practice and competent in the use of customer technical databases.
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining an internal audit programme, technical strategy implementation and experience of delivery of BRC certification and/ or equivalent certification standards.
- Demonstrable experience of managing supplier auditors.
- Demonstrable experience of applying food legislation to manufacturing practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Excellent planning, organisational, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel and proficiency in a second language is desirable.
- Driving licence
- Qualified to a relevant Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiological degree standard or equivalent.
- Level 3 HACCP certified and Level 2 Health and Safety.
- Food Safety Level 4
- Lead Auditor (min requirement Internal Auditor)