Engineering Manager, West Midlands
Engineering Manager with fast-paced food manufacturing experience required for fantastic factory based in the West Midlands.
We are seeking a strong, hands-on Engineering Manager with a proven track record of managing a team of Engineers in a fast, high throughput food manufacturing setting. This site has a lot of automation alongside more traditional labour intensive manufacturing, so knowledge of automation would be highly advantageous.
This business has a strong Engineering team of around 20 staff, with a passion for quality and health and safety. It requires a hands-on leader who enjoys operational management and can implement and develop best practice through developing others.
This role will report to the Factory Manager and will be responsible for the delivery of KPIs through Continuous Improvement. You will also ensure maintenance of the fabrication, plant and machinery.
- Managing a H&S culture
- Ensuring risk assessments are reviewed and safe systems of work implemented
- Manage contractors
- Identification and implementation of H&S training
- Apply quality procedures and policies ensuring products meet or exceed customer expectations
- Complete root cause analysis to reduce downtime
- Support factory audits
- Ensure equipment is calibrated in line with technical requirements
- Allocate labour to meet budget
- Set and manage the Engineering budget
- Develop and coach team to develop performance
- Encourage a culture of continuous improvement
- Implement training and development
- Ensure world class manufacturing standards
- Manage spare part availability
- Ensure support to meet production plan on time in full
- Meet and exceed KPIs
- Manage capital projects and project spend
The successful candidate will have a time served apprenticeship or degree / HND in Engineering. You must have a proven track record of working in food manufacturing, preferably with automation. You will be able to manage a diverse team in a challenging fast-paced environment and will be able to drive change. It is essential you can demonstrate building relationships and developing and coaching others to achieve business goals. A 16th edition certificate is also essential.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. ZEG13702 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778