Newport, South Wales. Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits + Prospects.
2 Sisters Food Group are one of business' most compelling success stories of the past 20 years. More than 23,000 colleagues drawn from 36 nationalities help to make a mind-boggling array of some of the finest food in Britain.
You will be at the heart of the Brookes Avana Site -one of the largest and most advanced food factories in Europe specifically designed for producing chilled and frozen recipe meals.
The technology within the factory enables production of restaurant quality food for the consumer market. Rogerstone produces chilled ready meals such as Indian and Oriental, Italian, traditional British, for those in the know, these are the highest standards in food retail production.
About the Role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our high calibre Process Team based in Rogerstone (Newport), as part of the Process team you will be truly at the heart of concept handover to product launch, and to manage all communication within the business to relevant departments to ensure a successful launch.
Other responsibilities include:
- To co-ordinate all stages and processes within the critical path (Gates 3-6) for nominated products and customers.
- To be involved at concept stage with the chefs and development managers and to provide advice and solutions on processing capabilities, recipe formulation and concept trials as required.
- To review handovers prior to concept handover and ensure product is ready to progress through to Gate 3-6 in terms of recipe, allergens, nutrition, approved raw materials, HACCP, factory process flow, packaging and quality attributes.
- The bulking up of recipes from kitchen to factory batch weights ensuring all are factory friendly.
- To carry out and run plant trials to the agreed factory procedures in all areas of high care and low care – to include new products, new raw materials, packaging and machinery (with support from relevant departments).
- To provide in-depth reports on the trials that accurately reflect the work carried out including all weight data, yields, deviations from recipe/process, cook times/temperatures and SPC data. To challenge all trials which do not deliver an acceptable product and to drive solutions.
- The minimisation of plant trials to reduce process trial budget and the tracking of costing movement between trials.
- To attend the weekly process meeting and co-ordinate post trial reviews with key departments and to discuss and highlight relevant actions required for next trial. This includes documenting minutes, keeping an action log and chasing through all actions.
- To communicate to the wider business all costing changes post trial which will affect profitability e.g. recipe change, cook time/temperature, manning, line-set up, variance and weight data.
- The compilation of all documentation to support the accurate generation of specifications to the specifications team – recipe, QUID, yields, target weight and tolerances, HACCP documentation, reheat validations, nutrition results , micro results, QAS, organoleptic analysis, freezability.
- Support the specifications team by the accurate sign off of artwork.
- The accurate generation of a BOM to include factory recipe, yields, codes and packaging for upload onto internal systems.
- The generation of all validation associated with products launches to include process sheets, packaging assembly sheets, reheat validation, shelf life, micro, nutrition and organoleptic data.
- The compilation of all information from trials and the subsequent transfer to the Technical team in an accurate manner using the specified process documentation prior to launch.
- The origination of detailed and accurate customer and internal QAS from trials making sure the parameters defined are representative of product to be launched.
- The ownership of the product file for each product and customer and to ensure all information available at all stages of development.
- To write SOPs and process flows for new factory and product processes.
- To run and own trials and pre-production trials with and without customer attendance and run pre-launch meetings.
- To support the production teams on launch ensuring that all areas have been briefed on the products and key processing elements, including quality.
- Review product’s post launch to establish the packaging information is aligned with the factory process data. Communicate any packaging changes to the specification team.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level with the UK’s biggest selling food manufacturer in a challenging and rewarding environment then click apply below. We can’t wait to hear from you!