Raw Material Procurement Manager
This is a chance to join a world leader and to do so in the beautiful surrounding of the Scottish Highlands. It combines the opportunity to progress your career with a more healthy and enjoyable rural lifestyle. The job itself would require you to source all salmon and trout for the factory for daily production requirements whilst building upon and growing relationships with our supply base.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deal with suppliers on a daily basis, negotiating and placing orders for raw material.
- Manage raw material contracts to ensure volumes are met, planned and delivered on time.
- Work with buyer in Norway to communicate needs in Norwegian origin.
- Manage logistics supply chain to ensure factory is kept up to date on delivery times.
- Manage relationship and raw material needs with trout suppliers, who are 100% dedicated suppliers.
- Liaise with commercial team to give information on market pricing, trends and issues.
- Deliver optimal fish life to factory to give best shelf life possible for products, through planning which harvest days to target.
- Input and approve all fish invoices and logistics costs.
- Resolve claims when quality issues arise swiftly.
- Audit raw material suppliers on annual or biennial basis, to ensure they are farming to customer specifications/expectations.
- Scottish suppliers of salmon and trout
- Internal stakeholders
- Logistics hauliers
The person should be a pro-active, motivated and driven individual who enjoys a challenge. They should be quick to adapt to changing supply situations, and be able to make decisions quickly to achieve best price/fish life/delivery time to factory. The candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, enjoy building relationships with existing and potential suppliers with the ability to communicate persuasively. Negotiation on a daily basis is required along with managing internal stakeholders’ expectations.
Sound like you? Then click on the link and send us your CV if interested in learning more.
Indicative Salary Range: £33000 - 35000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.