Are you a Sales Director used to dealing in big numbers and managing large accounts? If so this could be for you.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Lead a sales team responsible for sales revenue of over £280 million, instilling a culture of quality, service and performance delivered to both retail customers and growers.
- Prepare and deliver long term sales & demand plans aligned to the company’s overall strategic goals.
- Nurture long term relationship with its key retailer clients at all levels to the benefit of the business itself and its grower members.
- Developing team members with meaningful PDP’s whilst having a clear succession plan in place at all times.
- Form strategic business development plans with retailer and other clients which will deliver the businesses’ strategic objectives
- Support our UK grower members to develop their plans and businesses in a manner which is aligned with both the markets needs and company strategy.
- Lead the Category Management agenda ensuring it adds value to our clients with a primary focus on research, data analysis and multi-channel marketing initiatives
- Work alongside the Buying Director to develop our relationship with our overseas partners and focus on robust long term strategic planning objectives.
- Delivery of the sales plans and budget.
- Meet strategic customer development objectives as defined in the company business strategy.
- Define the on-going needs of the business for our individual UK grower members in alignment with the business overall strategy
- Own the demand plan for counter season production in alignment with the overall strategy.
- General trouble shooting – Account management responsibilities.
- Commercial dialogue with our UK grower members and suppliers – including daily communications when needed, news bulletins, participation / presentations at grower meetings.
- Other ad hoc duties when required.
PERSON SPECIFICATION / KEY COMPETANCIES
- Graduate or Graduate calibre.
- Able to see the bigger picture and develop key sales strategies by customer and sector.
- Able to think conceptually and package together various elements for a proposition.
- Extensive experience working in a comparable role in FMCG. Experience in produce may be an advantage but is not essential.
- Potential to grow in the role and build on current responsibilities.
- Resilient and resourceful. Imaginative in creating solutions to the industries challenges and determined in delivery of them.
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion.
- Good interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence combined with well-developed leadership and management skills.
- Ability to delegate effectively and follow-up as appropriate.
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries.
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required.
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel.
Interested? Then apply today for more information.
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.