A family run supplier and exporter of fresh food is looking to add a Production Manager to its busy team at their Dorset factory.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Manager will be responsible for production to agreed customer specification. This will be done at or below standard cost utilising a well trained and motivated workforce in an environment that promotes health and safety and consistent quality.
What is this role accountable for?
- Responsible for building, coaching, supporting and directing the manufacturing team.
- As a member of the senior management team, this position has a key role in delivering the budgeted profit number.
- Responsible for developing a manufacturing strategy that supports the business goals.
- Assist in the redesign and rebuild of the factory.
- Achieve an agreed set of KPIs with clear and regular internal communication.
- Through good manufacturing practice the role ensures that all our products are manufactured to the highest industry standards of food safety. Responsible for ensuring that the company meets its quality control objectives. Which is to upgrade to BRC over time.
- Monitor, act upon and reduce any customer complaints.
- Responsible for setting and delivering the manufacturing standards.
- Is responsible for clear communication to the manufacturing workforce to ensure there is a clear understanding of current performance levels and understanding of future objectives.
- Is responsible for ensuring the business operates within the appropriate health and safety guidelines.
- Responsible for products being produced at or below standard costs with a strong emphasis on continual improvement.
- Promotes a culture of continuous professional development through proactive training and clear work instructions.
- Responsible for minimising the impact of downtime and maximising the performance and life equipment.
What is the current scope and level of authority of this role?
- Report to General Manager
- Member of the senior management team
- Overall responsibility for manufacturing in the business
What are the special features of this role?
- Requires flexibility of hours to ensure adequate cover of all reports on all shifts and functions. This requires presence on night shift occasionally.
- Role includes weekend cover when required
- On call support for operational decisions
What qualifications and experience are required for this role?
- An enthusiastic and motivational character
- Fresh Food production experience at managerial level
- Proven success in managing medium sized workforce
- Degree educated preferred but not essential
If you are looking to start a new life on the south coast or are already in the area, we would love to hear from you.
Indicative Salary Range: £35000 - 40000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.