DK are currently recruiting for a Distribution Manager with responsibility for controlling the distribution and warehouse department. Key responsibilities include:
- General motivation and management of team leaders, order office, and all distribution operatives and draymen
- Full responsibility for load planning, and to arrange for cover of load planning at all times
- Oversee all goods in and warehouse functions
- Overall control of stockholding and receipting stock into the warehouse
- Monitor supplementary and late orders and to inform the Commercial Manager of repeat offenders.
- Ensure regular stock takes are completed and that any variances are reported to the Head Brewer.
- To become a member of the security team and a key holder
- To arrange for all servicing, inspections and repairs on commercial vehicles and vans to be carried out by company approved workshops and maintain vehicle records
- To maintain all manual handling equipment, ensure LOLER (lifting regulations and inspections) and ensure PUWER legislation is adhered to for fork lift trucks
The right person will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications
- Fully conversant with Navision software
- Full understanding of stock control processes
- Understanding of vehicle load capacity
- Hold relevant certificates for mechanical handling equipment
- Must hold LGV class C licence
- Hold relevant certificate for manual handling
- Detailed understanding of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act 1974’ and our health and safety policy
- CPC qualified.
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff discount card