Specifications Coordinator - Fox's Biscuits
Location: Batley, West Yorkshire
Division: Fox's Biscuits
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
A exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Specifications Coordinator to join our Fox’s Biscuits site in Batley. Fox’s Biscuits dates back to 1853 when Michael Spedding produced brandy snaps in a Victorian bake house in Batley. Batley has eight ovens and up to 26 lines operating with a highly engaged skill base, combining traditional biscuit making knowledge and equipment with investment in the latest automated technology. The site uses 9,300 tonnes of flour and 6,000 tonnes of chocolate to produce 25,000 tonnes of biscuits every year!
Job in a Nutshell:
Your primary focus will be gathering information from all areas of the business and the timely completion of final product specifications for retailer own branded products manufactured at Batley and Kirkham sites, ensuring legal brand and retailer compliance using retailer web based systems and Hamilton Grant system. This will include calculation of nutritional information and ingredient declarations in addition to the provision of allergen and other on-pack information by the required deadlines.
Additionally, you will be required to check and approve artworks in line with the product specifications and provide advice in the area of specifications and artwork to other teams within the business.
About the Role:
- Set up retailer specifications for all new products using the retailer web based system with up to date and timely product information to support the development agenda. Specifications need to be completed in line with individual gate process and result in fully maintained specifications are always available to the customer.
- Produce ingredient lists, nutritional information etc for pack copy (inc. any recipe changes) using Hamilton Grant system (or by liaison with the Scientific Services Manager).
- Check artwork against pack copy information and check legality of on pack information
- Liaison with external agencies (Leatherhead) and provision of legal advice to other areas of the business (related to back of pack information, customer policies and information required on specifications)
- Actively promote a health and safety culture with self and team and ensure that all health and safety requirements are met.
- Carry out ad hoc requests for product development team, retailer or technical manager i.e. free from data, nutritional benchmarking etc
- Assist in cover for Specifications Coordinator role at Uttoxeter, when on holiday or sickness.
You will have…
You will already possess a food science qualification or a related discipline or will have experience in product specifications form a similar role within the food industry. Working both individually and as part of a team, you must possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines. You will have excellent attention to detail in addition to your strong numerical and IT skills.