The main objectives of this position are:
· To lead the engineering team with energy and enthusiasm to achieve a truly proactive department. To analyse the department and its resources and skill base in order to redress, reorganise with the goal of achieving improved efficiency.
· To take overall responsibility for any contractors on site including their and the health & safety of all staff and visitors on site.
· To manage the PPM system
· Review and revamp the engineering systems, implementing new if required.
· Liaise with the Head of operations, in order to monitor & control energy usage with the aim to improve the overall cost, control and efficiency of the manufacturing processes, communicate this information to the relevant functions of the business.
· Liaise with the Head of operations, in order to minimise costs and ensure compliance with regulations/requirements in relation to Packing Material Disposal, Effluent, Climate Change Levy and Product Disposal. Develop strategies for waste reduction, recycling and energy reduction.
· Responsible for the acquisition of engineer materials and maintain a stock control system for all materials
· Responsible for Cap Ex of new equipment to agreed specification
· Report any unplanned downtime and remedies to rectify to the Operations Manager
· Lead & manage Cap Ex projects from start to finish achieving conclusion within budget and timelines.
· Promote and enforce company Health and Safety policies, procedures, SOPs, work instructions, Permits to Work and control measures relating to risk assessments.
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
· 4-6 years experience in a FMCG company at an engineering management level.
· Experience of implementing Project Management.
· Intermediate Food Hygiene.
· HACCP trained.
· Constant drive, enthusiasm and self motivation with ability to motivate others.
· Committed, disciplined and well organised.
· Accurate and timely reporting skills.
· Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business.
· Ability to work under pressure.
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details