SITE TECHNICAL MANAGER
Site Technical Manager
Up to £70,000 plus additional benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Manager to join a chilled manufacturer. The role will involve working closely with key stakeholders through the technical team and liaising with major UK retailers.
You will also be responsible for management and overseeing all aspects of company's technical procedure and due diligence. Act as the technical interface for customers and suppliers. Implementation and maintenance of the HACCP and Quality Systems for the company.
Skills and Experience:
- 3rd level qualification in a food related discipline e.g. Degree, Diploma etc.
- Experience in the application of 3rd party Food Safety Standards and the accreditation process.
- Experience of dealing with UK & Irish multiples, relevant government agencies etc.
- Lead Auditor training.
- Food knowledge and a wide appreciation of food processes.
- An understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacture, key to delivering the requirements of the role.
- Proven track record of good customer relationships.
- Pragmatic individual who takes on responsibility and accountability to get the job done.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Project management skills, including the ability to identify, implement and lead change on site through challenging, leading and influencing managers and cross-functional teams on specific projects.
- Experience in a Technical Manager role at a senior level