Quality Assurance (QA)
Quality Assurance (QA)
Salary: £18,000 - £19,000 per annum
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Opportunity for a self-motivated individual that has a strong background in Quality Auditing/Quality Control and is looking for career progression and personal development in a rapidly expanding organisation that invest heavily in to the business. The new management team are looking to drive the technical department forward and are seeking an individual who is ready to join them on an exciting journey. A fantastic opportunity for self-development in an incredibly varied role.
The ideal candidate will have 12+ months experience working as a QA/QC and preferably knowledge/experience in fresh produce.
Your key performances areas will be:
- To manage fruit quality, label sign off, ensuring traceability is maintained, carrying out tests and checks and ensuring any failures are documented and communicated appropriately
- To have a comprehensive understanding of company commitment and focus towards quality, food safety, legality, authenticity
Your principal accountabilities will be:
- To inspect and report on all aspects of product quality from goods-in arrivals to final positive release highlighting issues as they occur to the Senior QA team
- To inspect and approve customer labels according to customer specifications and commercial requirements highlighting issues as they occur to the Senior QA team
- To carry out quality, label and weight checks at the allocated intervals. To ensure that any failures in this area are documented and notified to the Quality Supervisors and Quality Manager
- To ensure that all shelf life samples are collected, assessed, recorded accurately and any issues are reported to the Quality Supervisors and Quality Manager
- To adhere to the Quality Management System and Work Instructions
- To collate samples where required
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
In return you will be offered competitive salary, strong training, and brilliant opportunities for career development.
To discuss further, or to talk about more jobs in the food manufacturing industry, please contact James on:
The Sterling Choice is a specialist Food and FMCG recruitment organisation recruiting across disciplines such as Production, Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Technical, NPD, Engineering and Human Resources.
Superior Wisdom Derived from Experience