H & S Manager
3-4 Days Per Week – Salary Pro Rata
- Ensuring Health & Safety targets are met within deadlines, without compromising quality or control of costs.
- Ensuring good housekeeping is maintained.
- Ensuring that Quality, Health & Safety and other company policies are adhered to and liaising with relevant departments to ensure issues are resolved
- Maintaining good employee relations and promoting equality of opportunity.
- Conducting site safety meetings on a regular basis and recording actions on SMS.
- Provide health and Safety information on compliance/breaches to factory managers for use in the monthly Health and Safety meetings to facilitate site improvements and elimination of risks.
- Audit and monitor sites first aid control systems, train any new site first aiders on group policy
- Auditing and monitoring the Effluent Plant
The successful candidate will be responsible for Health and Safety activities. The role includes managing information required for both internal and external reporting requirements, liaison on compliance matters and monitoring the performance in relation to key performance indicators for both Health and Safety.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Able to maintain a professional manner with great attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel.
- Ideal opportunity for a graduate with a Health & Safety related degree who wants to pursue a career in this field.
- Experience gained in environmental monitoring will also be of benefit.
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details - www.rp-ltd.com