Location: Ely / Salary: £40,000
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager with High Care experience to join our clients chilled convenience division at a very exciting time of growth. Specialising in a range of veg and salad product and supplying to all the UK major multiples as well as foodservice and wholesale customers. This business is all about succession planning and offering fantastic progression opportunities to its staff.
The role will include but no limited to;
- Encourage motivation throughout the shift to improve efficiency and to minimise costs
- Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between all departments to ensure timely production
- Manage decision making in relation to equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement of produce.
- Implementing cost control programmes by estimating production costs, setting and managing production budgets
- Implement procedures ensuring that standard operating procedures are adhered to, and the implementation adheres to technical, and health and safety procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all hygiene systems and procedures in line with customer and company requirements.
- Monitor and control quality and ensure corrective action is implemented as required to ensure product quality, safety and legality.
- Ensure the communication of performance against KPI's to all production personnel and implement corrective action as required to redress any failings.
- Ensure the storage of raw material and finished product in a safe manner to minimise the risk of hazard
- Contribute to regular daily team communication sessions
- Ensure the planning, recruitment, induction, welfare, discipline and establishment of pay rates for staff to ensure employee safety and that all production targets are met.
- To work with the planning team to devise a production schedule to ensure raw material, products and packaging are available to maximise the output of product, adjusting the schedule where necessary to meet the demands of the business.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge of raw materials, machinery, engineering guidelines quality systems and standards, health and safety standards and compliance guidelines.
- Knowledge of Lean and process improvement techniques
- Basic knowledge of business, finance and human resource management
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a production capacity
- Organisational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to problem solve, and think critically under time constraints
- Decision Making skills
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate others at all levels
- Competent in all Microsoft programmes and computer usage
- Leadership Qualities including People Management, Team working and conflict management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to delegate