Senior Process Technologist
Our client, a Leading International Manufacturer of Fresh Prepared Foods is looking to appoint a Senior Process Technologist for their site based in Somerset. As a company that values and nurtures the talent of their people, there are excellent career opportunities within the group for individuals that show aptitude and talent.
The purpose of the role will be to ensure the smooth transition of product approval concepts to launch, ensuring the technical and quality standards are achieved and maximising profitability.
The successful candidate must have:
- Significant experience with a Food Manufacturer within a process/technical role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Good Project and time management skills
- Educated to Degree or HND level
- Confidence with IT
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that the launch process is fully planned, documented and communicated effectively within the business and to the customer.
- Responsibility for planning and running product trials including preparation of all components.
- Attending all relevant meetings and feedback to team.
- Managing all aspects of the critical path to ensure that projects are delivered on time, discuss with process manger if any issues and discuss with retailer when necessary.
- Keeping process procedures up to date and ensure all documentation is fully auditable.
- Playing a major role in site continuous improvement process, challenging ingredients & suppliers where necessary.
- Deputising for Process Manager when off site, leading customer visits and managing team.
- Issuing paperwork to the factory, with accuracy and in a timely manner. Including trial plans, trial reports and action logs.
- Checking calculations from development on ‘nutritionally sensitive’ projects
- Agreeing and setting quality attribute sheets with the retailer and managing these to ensure they are up to date.
- The company are an international business who are true partners with the Top Grocery Retail Leaders
- The company’s core values are Customer Care, Can-Do Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Getting it Right/ Keeping it Right
- Their vision is to be recognised and respected as the world’s leading fresh prepared foods provider. They aim to drive profitable growth with a clearly defined strategy
- Setting the industry benchmark for safety, quality, service and innovation through the talent and commitment of their people
The role reports into the Process Manager and is suitable for candidates who have gained significant experience in a food manufacturing Process Technologist position. If you are interested then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4024 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.