Hovis Limited is a vertically integrated baking and flour milling business currently operated by The Gores Group as part of a stand-alone joint venture. The Company was created in April 2014 to help release new investment to upgrade its operational infrastructure and reinvigorate the Hovis brand, building on its rich heritage. Nish Kankiwala our new CEO brings a wealth of commercial and marketing experience from previous roles with Unilever, Pepsico and Burger King. He has been an integral part of the business for the past 2 years and has recently taken over as CEO.
An excellent opportunity for a Quality Manager based in Southampton to champion, support and lead quality improvement activities ensuring all Managers, process owners, team leaders and operators develop and maintain their part of the Quality Management System within a defined framework of Health & Safety, Food Safety and Quality, output / yield and financial control.
Ensure that business, customer specific and regulatory requirements and expectations are accurately identified and are consistently met or exceeded. Support and guide the development and maintenance of a customer focused culture.
Monitoring, reporting and development of quality and food safety goals within the organisations strategic plan
To ensure that the people and plant operates in strict accordance with all guidelines, legislation and company specific requirements in terms of Health & SafetyEnsure the site complies with regulatory legislation.
Behavioural Safety Tours – arrange, attend and produce report.
Total Observation Process Submission and management.
Close out of Hazards§ Delivery of site targets that align to turnover, EBITDA and cash targets.
Control financial budgets for Food Quality and Food Safety and ensure expenditure stays in line with agreed targets.
Manage budgeting and forecasting processes in line with business requirements.
Grist and recipe compliance.
Ensure that all Rank Hovis Ltd Quality and Food Safety standards are adhered to meeting business specific, regulatory and customer requirements at all times – raw material intake through to delivery of finished goods.
- Holding service providers to account to deliver contracted results.
- Leadership and management of Hygiene contracted services to ensure that the site is maintained in a clean and food safe condition at all times.
- Management and direction of the Quality Controller to govern Food Quality and Food Safety on a daily basis through adherence to defined schedules, systems, policies and procedures.
- Leadership and management of Pest Control / Prevention contracted services to ensure that Food Quality and Food Safety is not compromised by pest activity.
- Management and implementation of HACCP to ensure manufacture and delivery of safe food.
- Ensure production and delivery of bag and bulk product meets all aspects od customer requirements in terms of both quality and consistency
- Management and resolution of customer complaints to include root cause analysis and identification and implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Ensure site teams are trained in all aspects of the Quality Management System including HACCP and monitor compliance.
- Develop a high performing team culture through alignment to Rank Hovis Ltd purpose, vision, values and behaviors.
- To keep staff fully informed of the Sites and company’s aims and strategic objectives.
- Ensure effective communication at all levels, internal, external and customers.
- To ensure that all staff are appraised on a regular basis through EDR’s and that training opportunities are carried through in line with each individuals Personal Development Plan.
Degree / HND in Food Manufacturing or similar
Level 4 Award ( Higher ) in Food Safety & HACCP
Experience of BRC 7 and retailer standards
Internal and external auditing
Delivery of Projects
Managing People & Operational change
Proven Track record of Management
Proven track record of achievement
Food manufacturing and production processes
Ability to evaluate and manage risk and contingency
Evidence of courageous, inventive, driven and straightforward behaviours
Excellent verbal, written and presentational skills
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.