Product Development Manager, Food manufacturing, Nottingham
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a market leading, renown and reputable food manufacturing business. A company at the forefront of NPD, it launches hundreds of new products every year, many of which win awards. A market leader and not a follower this is an opportunity to work with a truly passionate and inspirational site NPD Manager and champion NPD and EPD within your team.
You will be developing concepts for new chilled, multi ingredient based products and will enjoy following trends and influences in the marketplace and brining this into your work. The role of Product Development Manager is fast paced, varied and will have some contact with retailers and food service customers.
As a Product Development Manager you will:
- Innovate new products outside current ranges and maintain and extend current product ranges
- Manage a team of four direct reports.
- Inspire and motivate your team
- Cost out products and ensure they meet budgeted margins
- NPD Benchmarking and competitor product analysis
- Understand the wants and needs of customer and consumer
- Presents facts and ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively
- Manage plan and organize resources to critical path ensuring concepts are delivered on time and to agreed specifications
- Deputise for the site Development Manager when required
To be considered for this role you will have a studied in Food Science, Nutrition or similar and have a proven track record of working in product development within fast paced food manufacturing. Experience of working with short shelf life / chilled products is highly preferable. You will be passionate, energetic and adaptable.
We are looking to interview asap so please apply today!
REF. ZEG13424 By Zoe Gmaj
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778