Title: Warehousing Manager Location: South East Wales
Type: Permanent Ref: 883161
A young dynamic and ambitious business which is part of a larger national FMCG manufacturing group. Highly regarded producer within its market sector with a diverse product offering and whose customer base includes many of the world's largest household name brands in addition to a number of the major high street retailers.
To provide the company and its customers with a National Distribution Centre the operation of which meets or exceeds the best industry standards on performance and cost.
- To co-ordinate the organisation and control of the activities of the National Distribution Centre to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective and timely service to customers, contractors company departments
- Gather and co-ordinate information from Production, Customer Service, Stock Control etc. to identify throughput volumes then organise the manning of the NDC to ensure adequate and cost effective levels of staffing cover are present at all times.
- To provide training, motivation and development to Outbound Logistics personnel in the NDC to ensure sufficient staff of the correct calibre and expertise are available to meet Customer Service requirements. Provide MHE training and licensing to all Outbound Logistics and Plant personnel.
- To conduct, in association with the Stock and Admin Controller, regular checks to ensure the integrity of the stock records within the Ross system and that all-operating procedures are followed correctly.
- To action and deliver in a timely manner all performance, audit and inspection reports and returns. To maintain NDC records and archive as appropriate.
- Ensure that the NDC operation conform to or exceed the QA and GMP standards set by the company.
- To schedule and oversee the cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of the NDC, Goods Yard and site to ensure that the image presented, safety of operation and fitness for purpose are consistently at the highest achievable level.
- To take full responsibility for overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of all mechanical handling equipment in use on both sites. Conduct regular audits to ensure equipment is correctly used in a safe, efficient manner and that inspection and maintenance records are up to date. Monitor servicing and repairs conducted by the outside contractor. Ensure that all-mechanical handling and cleaning equipment in use within the NDC and about the site is maintained in first class mechanical and visual order.
- Work with the Head of Logistics to ensure the continuous development and improvement the warehousing operations to ensure its preparedness to meet the developing demands of the business.
- To ensure, by observation and inspection, that all aspects of the operations in the NDC, yard and site meet all relevant Health and Safety legislation and regulation and are actioned in a manner that ensures the safety and well being of all employees, contractors and visitors to site. Represent NDC at monthly H&S meetings.
- Good user skills on Warehouse Management System (Ross).
- Good user skills on Word and Excel PC packages.
- In depth knowledge of all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Good understanding of safe and effective operating methods for Mechanical Handling Equipment and relevant maintenance procedures.
- In depth knowledge of the company QA and GMP requirements.
- Manual Handling legislation.
- Man management, motivation, training and development skills.
This role is suitable for: Logistics Manager/Warehouse Manager/Supply Chain Manager/Despatch Manager
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details - www.rp-ltd.com