Shift Engineering Technician
Our client, a Leading International Manufacturer of Fresh Prepared Foods is looking to appoint a Shift Engineering Technician for their site based in Somerset.
As a company that values and nurtures the talent of their people, there are excellent career opportunities within the group for individuals that show aptitude and talent.
The purpose of the role will be to provide specialist knowledge for the maintenance of electronic and electrical equipment ensuring 100% availability and reliability for the safe and efficient production of our client’s range of food products.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the use of diagnostic equipment relating to Electronic Management Systems
- Providing effective engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all plant and equipment
- Ensuring all engineering maintenance and repair work is carried out within statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines
- Ensuring accurate and timely records for all work carried out, root causes of failures and spares and consumables used
- Managing contractors, issuing work permits and auditing their work in the absence of the Maintenance Manager
- Building a strong working relationship with colleagues and the production team
- Identifying areas / opportunities for both self and operational improvement
- Ensuring operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions, equipment and all special tools are readily available to all engineering staff
The successful candidate must have:
- Recognised electrical/ electronic qualifications
- Proven experience with Electronic Control Systems and Invertors etc.
- Competence in both mechanical and electrical fault finding and analysis skills
- Excellent communication and training skills
- An ability to work under own supervision or as part of a team
- Flexible working attitude to ensure required work levels are achieved
- Competent PC/ Information technology skills
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Experience in a food / packaging manufacturing environment in a maintenance capacity
- Previous experience in a multi-skilled environment
- The company are an international business who are true partners with the Top Grocery Retail Leaders
- The company’s core values are Customer Care, Can-Do Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Getting it Right/ Keeping it Right
- Their vision is to be recognised and respected as the world’s leading fresh prepared foods provider. They aim to drive profitable growth with a clearly defined strategy
- Setting the industry benchmark for safety, quality, service and innovation through the talent and commitment of their people
The role attracts a salary of £30k - £35k per annum and is based on a shift pattern of 2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4043 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.