Our client, a Leading International Manufacturer of Fresh Prepared Foods is looking to appoint an Engineering Assistant for their site based in Somerset.
As a company that values and nurtures the talent of their people, there are excellent career opportunities within the group for individuals that show aptitude and talent.
The purpose of the role will be to provide support to the Engineering Team with engineering stock control, general & unskilled engineering tasks and management of the permit to work process.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Controlling & monitoring engineering stock levels to prevent stock out of critical items
- Liaising with suppliers for purchase ordering, price checking & orders progress chasing
- Keeping accurate records of stock movement & generating weekly / monthly reports for the engineering manager.
- Liaising with suppliers to negotiate terms to ensure most economic & efficient supply Reviewing supplier’s performance regularly & make recommendations for improvements
- Managing the issuing of work permits to contractors ensuring compliance with all health & safety requirements.
- Assisting the engineering team with unskilled work on site and keeping all engineering storage areas clean & tidy
- Supporting the Engineering Manager with project work as required
- Providing cover as and when required for Engineering Coordinator & Site Services Engineer
The successful candidate must have:
- A flexible approach and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken English
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office) and confidence to learn bespoke systems
- An attention to detail and an organised approach
- An interest in engineering and Health and Safety, previous experience would be an advantage
- The company are an international business who are true partners with the Top Grocery Retail Leaders
- The company’s core values are Customer Care, Can-Do Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Getting it Right/ Keeping it Right
- Their vision is to be recognised and respected as the world’s leading fresh prepared foods provider. They aim to drive profitable growth with a clearly defined strategy
- Setting the industry benchmark for safety, quality, service and innovation through the talent and commitment of their people
The role attracts a salary of £20k - £24k per annum and working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00 – 17:00.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4042 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.