Senior Section Manager
Our client, a Leading International Manufacturer of Fresh Prepared Foods is looking to appoint a Senior Section Manager for their site based in Nottinghamshire. As a company that values and nurtures the talent of their people, there are excellent career opportunities within the group for individuals that show aptitude and talent.
The site employs over 1000 people and supplies almost all of the major retailers so this is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the premium, fast-moving chilled foods sector.
The successful candidate will be:
- Working on a shift pattern of 6:00am – 6:00pm on a 4 on, 4 off basis
- Responsible for a substantial factory area or complex operational process
- Able to plan, organise resources and people to drive sustainable improvements on labour and materials.
- Able to identify appropriate solutions to complex issues through logically analysing information in order to make the right decision whilst communicating clearly and concisely.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and reviewing daily performance with their teams. Performance Improvement through use of KPIs
- Within the relevant section, will be accountable for H&S, Quality standards, Performance Management, Training and Development, NPD trials, Communication, Recruitment and Employee relations
At all times the Senior Section Manager will support and encourage the company values and ensure a positive culture within their area.
Skills required include:
- Gathering & analysing information; including ability to assess and evaluate risk.
- Problem solving & decision making;
- Change Management
- Ability to persuade, convince, challenge and influence others
- Ability to communicate to people clearly, concisely and with a high level of integrity adapting style of delivery to the audience needs.
- Managing People Performance & Coaching;
- Managing individual and team performance
- Planning & organisation;
- Business & financial awareness; IT skills; PC literate including up to intermediate standard in Word, Power point and Excel.
The Senior Section Manager will report to the Operations Manager and will currently be managing a high-performance team in a Food manufacturing or similar environment, operating at Section Manager, Department Manager, Area Manager or Production Manager level.
- The company are an international business who are true partners with the Top Grocery Retail Leaders
- The company’s core values are Customer Care, Can-Do Attitude, Teamwork, Innovation, Getting it Right/ Keeping it Right
- Their vision is to be recognised and respected as the world’s leading fresh prepared foods provider. They aim to drive profitable growth with a clearly defined strategy
- Setting the industry benchmark for safety, quality, service and innovation through the talent and commitment of their people
If you are an experienced Production Professional with a background in Food Manufacturing then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting referenece JJ-P4040 - with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.