Warehouse Team Leader
Warehouse Team Leader
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Hours of Work: 5 days in 7 per week, 40 hours per week, weekend work may be required.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Full control of the warehouse and its functions. Oversee all products, staff and haulage within the warehouse operation including storage and various applications of the warehouse.
- Ensure staffing levels meet the demands of the workload 24/7 and are in line with the companies targets.
- Create and develop KPI’s in accordance with Lean processes making sure the business and customer’s requirements are satisfied in full.
- Perform an active role in delivering an effective, efficient picking and despatch operation in accordance with the supplier’s handbooks on a daily basis.
- Maintain staff training records. Coach and develop employees to the required standard.
- Peak planning – staffing, store planning, stock positioning against budget and timescale.
- Cost capture for intake and despatch across the site and TPL’s.
- Provide accurate stock to the business at all times.
- Adapt to, promote and develop a positive environment maintaining GMP, 5’s and a safe working culture.
- Support all areas of the business where the Warehousing operation is critical to daily practices.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Daily reporting of critical cost data surrounding haulage, staffing and storage for the site and TPL’s.
- Responsible for stock throughout the intake and despatch process. Instigate the communication flow between departments.
- Ensure all the products and equipment are stored and maintained in compliance with legislation and internal policies following BRC standards and other applicable accreditations.
- Supervise and understand the daily requirements of transport out and deadline requirements dictated by the supermarkets and hauliers.
- Manage on site MHE and coordinate with the support of the section leaders to ensure that all of the equipment is checked by all staff every day in accordance with legislation and internal policies.
- MHE Management utilisation through web based system. Provide reports and liaise with MHE supplier to operate effectively each piece of equipment.
- Engage with production and planning departments to advise the warehouse team of daily issues and build an alternative plan when needed. The key focus must be on meeting depot out-loads times and volumes fulfilled - On Time, In Full.
- Support direct reports in resolving staffing issues and monitor the work ethic of all staff within the warehouse team, ensuring they are meeting targets. This includes overseeing rota planning, cover and TIMENET management.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks and the role might include additional duties associated with smooth running of the department.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Previous experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Good all round communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Experience of leading and managing people.
- Proven management or supervisory skills
- Capable of leading a large team under demanding circumstances.
- Intermediate to advanced MS applications and WMS experience
- Disciplinary and conflict management.