Warehouse Section Leader
Warehouse Section Leader
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Hours of Work: Days, 4on 4off (average 42 hours per week), 6.00am to 6.30pm or 6.30am to 7pm. Flexibility is key as may be required to work additional hours and / or change to nights at short notice to cover peak periods.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To supervise all products, staff and haulage within the warehouse daily tasks including the storage and various applications of the warehouse. The supervision team will manage all the haulage to customers, working alongside the WMS and embracing all the changes a new system brings to the business.
To assist the manager in delivering an effective and efficient operation against daily and weekly targets and plans. Perform an active role in delivering an effective, efficient picking and despatch operation on a day to day basis. Act in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and Health & Safety Procedures.
Support all areas of the business where the Supply Chain is crucial to daily practices and recognise the importance of this role to the daily operations and to the business.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for allocating daily duties and ensuring all warehouse operations are supervised and completed on time and in full.
- Liaise with all management within the business to offer an excellent warehousing function.
- Point of contact and resolution for staffing issues and monitor the work ethic of all staff within the warehouse team, ensuring they are meeting targets. This includes roster planning and cover.
- Ensure all the products and equipment are stored and maintained in compliance with legislation and internal policies.
- Ensure that all requests given by management are done in a timely fashion.
- Supervise and understand the daily requirements of transport out and deadline requirements dictated by the supermarkets and hauliers. Order all transport and ensure that vehicles are utilised as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure that MHE are maintained and checked by all staff every day in accordance with legislation and internal policies.
- MHE Management utilisation.
- Ensure that stock products are labelled correctly; and all pallets taken in to and out of the stores are scanned in to the correct location.
- Ensure that pallets moved in and out of the warehouse or elsewhere on site are stacked and strapped in a safe and risk free manner.
- Ensure store space is utilised efficiently.
- Engage with production teams to ensure depot out-loads times and volumes are fulfilled - On Time, In Full.
- Working as a team to ensure the unloading/loading, picking, scanning, labelling, palletisation and paperwork of all materials meet the requirements set out by our customer’s and MMUK specific guidelines.
- All visitors must comply with the regulations the business has stipulated.
- Act accordingly with the sites Health & Safety culture. Ensure standards are achieved at all times.
- Understanding the ‘Key Performance Indicators’ and how the daily SOP’s contribute towards them.
- Ensure that the RFID compliance is met within the supply chain (PAV scanning).
- Assist in preparation of the stores for on-site efficiency.
- Previous experience within a supervisory/ team leading role within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Experience in operating within a KPI’s driven structure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Good all round communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Experience of leading and managing people.
- Up to date MHE certificate (Counter Balance, Flexi, Reach or PPT).
- Strong supervisor who is capable to lead a large team under demanding circumstances.
- Competent in Microsoft applications and WMS.