A Laboratory Assessor is required by a well known Client in the Food & Beverage Industry.
The position is for someone with strong, proven and up to date knowledge and experience in food microbiology and current microbiology methods, laboratory management and laboratory quality systems; and also proven experience of auditing to recognised standards.
It is also desirable, but not essential to the position, for the individual to have up to date knowledge/experience of food compositional methods/testing activities, to potentially provide support to the analytical laboratory assessments undertaken by CLAS.
The job is demanding and requires a substantial amount of travelling, often out of core hours - predominantly in the UK, though overseas travel will be expected to varying degrees each year.
- Recognised qualifications in, and proven, up to date knowledge and experience of food microbiology.
- Extensive proven practical experience and technical understanding of up to date standard/recognised food microbiology methods and novel/commercial rapid methods (covering pathogens, indicator and spoilage organisms) and routine testing activities
- Extensive experience and understanding of the management and technical requirements in ISO 17025 and/or CLAS Standard - acquired by first hand experience over several years a) managing/supervising at a senior level accredited laboratory operations and b) developing and implementing quality systems within laboratories
- Experience of planning and conducting in house method evaluations/validations, appraising data and compiling validation reports
- Trained in principle of auditing with previous proven experience of auditing quality systems against recognised Standards. (preferably within laboratory operations).
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.