Head of Quality Assurance (Part-Time)
Our client, a global food business, is looking to appoint a Head of Quality Assurance for their UK business. Reporting directly to the MD, the role will be Home-Based in the Midlands / South with occasional travel. The role is part-time, 3-4 days per week, however the successful candidate will need flexibility to work outside of these hours as and when required. The key responsibility of the position will be to ensure the effective management of the company’s products from a food technical perspective and give appropriate customer support.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage any Food Technical information either through direct Technical input or liaising with external Suppliers, Packers, Consultants and Laboratories
- Liaise directly with Customer Technical Departments to complete and manage Customer Product Specifications
- Manage customer specifications and quality issues via Customer Web Based Systems, providing support in resolving any customer complaints
- Liaise with supplier and customer NPD departments to assist the smooth introduction of new products and the information required to support them
- Monitor laboratory sampling/testing programmes to ensure that Food Safety parameters are maintained
- Advise the business on current Technical and Legal requirements of food within the retail sector, ensuring appropriate sources of information are available
- Inspect the Company packing facilities and some suppliers to ensure Technical requirements are maintained, reporting deficiencies to the MD and instigating any corrective action plans
Essential skills / experience include:
- Experience as a Technical / QA Manager within a Food Manufacturing business
- Direct communication with Technical Teams at the Major Retailers with a strong understanding of their requirements
- An understanding of the main industry protocols required for growing and manufacturing safe food and ethical concerns. i.e. Assured Produce, Globalgap, BRC, IFS, SEDEX
- Experience of completing Retailer Online Specifications and an understanding of Retailer Web Based Systems
- Product launch experience within the Major Retailers
- Excellent communication skills across all levels and functions, both internally and with external customers and suppliers
- An ability to adapt and respond to customer requests quickly
- A Family owned, Global Food Business with a broad range of both branded and own label products
- Customer base includes Major Multiple Retailers
- Believe in uncompromising quality
- Pride themselves on their social impact – driving sustainability for their suppliers
If you are flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude, then this could be the job for you. The salary for the role is up to £40k per annum (pro rata), working hours are part time, 3-4 days per week with flexibility to work outside of these hours as and when required and is home based in the Midlands / South with occasional travel.
If you are interested, please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4038 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.