Quality & Food Safety Manager
We are looking for an experienced Quality and Food Safety Manager to join our North West leadership team. Supporting the Factory Manager you will instil a culture of quality throughout our Blackpool and Moreton sites. Responsible for managing the sites technical quality team to ensure that products that enter the market place are safe and legal and are manufactured to standards that meet or exceed all agreed internal and external specifications.
- Co-ordinate all technical quality activities to ensure that products are manufactured against agreed specifications.
- Develop and maintain a robust auditing programme that continues to meet the requirements set by all audit bodies.
- Develop the site technical strategy, to show continuous improvement and added value.
- Support the central technical team to develop consistent best practice policies whist looking for alternative ways to solve problems
- Deliver site technical KPI’s,
- Be customer facing on all technical issues and to support the commercial counterparts where required to ensure business continuity
- Be primary contact with Government and Non Governmental organisational bodies – Inclusive of retailer interface.
- Develop & support robust corrective action plans to ensure any consumer or customer dissatisfaction is addressed
- Agree specifications that are achievable and review to ensure that customer satisfaction is always met
- Develop a quality culture throughout the manufacturing site by supporting the Factory General Manager and senior team to continuously improve against standards
- Develop clear hygiene standards ensuring that corrective actions that may cause risks are dealt with in a timely manner
- Undertake investigations on any internal incidents that have led to contaminated product leaving site control
- Oversee all site technical contracts ensuring that they are managed and delivering against agreed KPI’s
- Ensure that there is a formal handover from the packaging team ensuring that all documentation is available and that quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure that there is a formal handover of new products from NPD and that all documentation is available and that pro\ducts quality standards are achievable
- Develop robust capital plans for continuous quality improvements inclusive of supporting documentation
- Problem solving, strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Flexible. Prepared to travel frequently across the UK
- Action orientated
- Embraces and drives change
Why Burton’s Biscuit Company
Ask anyone here at Burton’s Biscuit Company what we’re most passionate about and you’ll get the same answer from everyone – the baking of quality biscuits for the whole family to enjoy. To us, a ‘treat’ is nothing less than a deliciously tasty biscuit that will delight our customers every time and ensure they come back for more.
Our forward-thinking strategy historically led to some impressive results with Burton’s Biscuit Company transforming its portfolio shape and profitability since 2009. We hope to accelerate our portfolio transformation and growth further by expanding into adjacent categories, new geographic territories and through synergistic bolt-on mergers and acquisitions.
We offer fantastic company benefits, an environment that you will enjoy to work in and genuine development and progression opportunities.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply by clicking the link.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been short listed for an interview.