Location: St Albans
We are looking for a Technical Manager to manage the Burton’s Biscuit Company’s own label products produced on behalf of our retail partners and act as a technical lead to ensure that products that enter the market place are safe and legal and manufactured to standards that meet or exceed all agreed internal or external specifications.
The Technical Manager will be the key interface with all retailers and to ensure two-way feedback is shared between retailers and site technical leads.
- To co-ordinate all technical quality activities to ensure that products are manufactured against agreed specifications.
- Provide advice on customer direction / strategy on technical related matters.
- Represent the business at consistency panels and benchmarking sessions. Develop and manage retail product quality attribute sheets.
- Technical lead in retail scorecard meetings.
- Drive site preparation to ensure successful retail audit including completion of independent site audits to identify areas for focus where applicable.
- To develop a joint business plan between the retailers and Burton’s ensuring this meets the needs of both parties whilst demonstrating continuous improvement and added value.
- Delivery against agreed KPI’s.
- To be customer facing on all technical issues supporting commercial counterparts where required to ensure business continuity.
- Deliver retail reports on time driving continuous improvement.
- To develop and support robust corrective action plans to ensure any consumer or customer dissatisfaction is addressed.
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Degree Qualified or equivalent experience
- FMCG (including retail) experience desirable.
- Retail interface essential.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Problem solving, strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Why Burton’s Biscuit Company
Ask anyone here at Burton’s Biscuit Company what we’re most passionate about and you’ll get the same answer from everyone – the baking of quality biscuits for the whole family to enjoy. To us, a ‘treat’ is nothing less than a deliciously tasty biscuit that will delight our customers every time and ensure they come back for more.
Our forward-thinking strategy historically led to some impressive results with Burton’s Biscuit Company transforming its portfolio shape and profitability since 2009. We hope to accelerate our portfolio transformation and growth further by expanding into adjacent categories, new geographic territories and through synergistic bolt-on mergers and acquisitions.
We offer fantastic company benefits, an environment that you will enjoy to work in and genuine development and progression opportunities.
Does this sound like the role for you? Apply by clicking the link.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been short listed for an interview.