Location: Westwood - Peterborough
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Come and join a great bunch here at the Hain Daniels Group; we’re doing our bit to help millions of people live a happy and healthy lifestyle each and every day.
At the core of everything we do are our people: without them, we simply wouldn’t be a market-leading food and drink specialist.
The typical Hain Daniels employee is friendly, hard-working and passionate about what they do.
And by showing such commitment to us, we reward our team members with a lovely place to work and the chance to achieve their potential; with plenty of opportunities for personal development.
Does that sound good to you? Then come and join us!
The Technical Manager works with site playing a leading role to ensure food safety, legality and quality of products produced in the factory. The Technical Manger manages the food safety and quality management system to comply with customer and legislative bodies. The Technical Manager manages the Quality department team and works with Operations, Engineering, NPD, Process and H&S departments to achieve the above compliance. Line management of the QA Manager.
Food Safety & Quality
Ensure that the HACCP document is up to date and that the Critical Control Points are implemented within the factory.
Act upon legislation and guidelines to ensure that manufacturing is conducted legally.
Management of the Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure high quality products are produced in a food safe manufacturing environment.
Work with site management to maintain compliance with the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety.
Work with site customers ensuring compliance to customer’s policies and standards.
Ensure that the department works with the business systems that are in place Qadex and Hamilton Grant to ensure raw material and supplier approval
Provide information and expertise to external customers on all Food safety and quality related matters.
Attend customers meetings and tasting sessions.
Comply with the customers standards and policies.
Complete customer reports as required in a timely manner.
The Technical manger is the key contact for all site visits and audits.
Carry out project work according to issues currently affecting the site. Recommend and implement actions accordingly. Liaise with the heads of other departments as appropriate for the project being conducted
Be the main contact for customer audits. Liaise with customers, 3rd party and governmental auditors, manage the audit process and work with the site to implement agreed corrective actions.
Maintain standards and discipline within the department. Train and guide those working within the department, work with Human Resources to resolve any issues as they occur. Prepare and carry out recruitment and joint agreements.
Management Information Systems
Ensure the department operates within budget.
Work with finance to reforecast the budget throughout the year as required.
Work the other site to ensure the Meal Solutions budget is met.
Complete internal reports as required
Training and Development
Ensure all members of the Technical Department are suitably trained to carry out their duties.
Arrange training according to gaps in individual’s skills with the aid of the HR department.
Generic Management Responsibilities
- Ensure personnel forms are completed.
- Ensure completion of all necessary recruitment documentation.
- Ensure inductions are delivered to all new employees.
- Contribute to upkeep of weekly Human Resources statistics.
- Ensure absence management and control procedures are maintained.
- Conduct Return to Work interviews with direct reports.
- Monitor and manage employee performance.
- Maintain high standards of discipline involving appropriate procedure where necessary.
- Respond swiftly to grievance matters maintaining confidentiality.
- Carry out annual appraisal reviews with all employees.
- Support identified training and development needs for direct reports.
Involvement in delivery of team brief to support a two way communication.
The post holder is expected to carryout the following duties in order to fulfill the position to a satisfactory level:
- Adhere to Company’s Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies.
- Ensure high quality standards and hygiene are maintained.
- Adhere to Company Financial procedures.
- Respect individual and Company confidentiality rights.
- Demonstrate a positive and committed attitude.
- Support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Show commitment to personal and team development.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach.
The role is based at the NCGSCo factory in Peterborough, there is a requirement for travel to customers and suppliers. There is the requirement to travel to other sites with in the Hain Daniels Group especially the Grimsby soup and ready meal factory but only on a limited ad hoc basis.