Technical Front line Manager
Assisting the Technical Manager in developing, maintaining and continually improving existing Quality Systems, incorporating functions set out in the Company Policies and Procedures, Customer requirements and legislation, and managing two direct reports.
- Establishing and Maintaining Product Quality and Customer satisfaction through process monitoring, auditing and communicating to individuals at all levels within the organisation.
- Collection and verification of process documentation including monitoring and reporting of any areas of noncompliance to the Technical Manager and broader management team.
- Assisting in documentation and verification of hygiene practices.
- As part of the Technical team the job holder will be required to work closely with production staff bringing Technical expertise to achieve a quality product, this will include, at times, the need to train production staff on the procedures they undertake.
- 2 direct reports and the post holder will deputise for the Technical Manager in times of that manager’s absence.
- Responsible for collection of process documentation and verification that systems and procedures are followed highlighting areas of non-compliance, investigating route cause and identifying corrective action where appropriate.
- Involvement in the maintenance of Quality Systems through continual auditing of systems and administrating changes where necessary.
- Involvement in ensuring HACCP is operated throughout the site with particular emphasis on auditing and oversight of administration and ensuring CCP’s are being monitored and maintained.
- Involvement in the monitoring, investigating and trending of complaint data with emphasis in progressing the reduction of Customer Complaints to achieve & improve on company targets.
- Involvement in ensuring the site and systems records are prepared prior to both unannounced technical audits and visits. This role is actively involved in technical audits and liaising with auditor and is also involved with EHO visits.
- Ensuring non-conformances are raised, logged and followed through to satisfactory completion on all audits conducted.
- Also, auditing foreign body control raising areas of non-compliance and playing an active part in solving any issues.
- To maintain, update and follow up corrective action status of the site compilation action plan and to report to the Technical Manager when the corrective actions are at risk of exceeding the planned “correction by” date.
- Sample and monitor product over shelf life according to requirements.
- Ideally educated to degree standard, or equivalent, preferably in a food related discipline.
- Previous experience of working in a technical department, preferably within a Food Manufacturing environment.
- A team player with excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels effectively.
- Willingness to learn new duties and skills.
- PC Literate, including excellent Excel knowledge.
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details - www.rp-ltd.com