An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Manager to join a well establish blue chip food business. The role will involve working closely with key stakeholders through the technical team, as well as delivering site quality performance through the alignment of resources.
You will also be responsible for management and overseeing all aspects of companies technical procedure and due diligence.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for all Food Safety, Technical, Quality and Hygiene matters in the company.
- To manage, lead and develop the technical team.
- To carry out communications and negotiations with Suppliers & Manufacturers.
- To liaise closely with Operations department to ensure safe and best practise are observed.
- To enforce company policies and procedures. Ensuring food quality/safety checks and paperwork are completed as per document requirements.
- Illustrating Good manufacturing practices and ensuring that employees adhere to this.
- To deal with all enquiries, audits, specification approvals and labelling.
Your Main Challenges:
- Delivering consumer complaint reduction targets
- Ensuring DMAIC activities consider quality implications
- Impact of CI activity validation on Lab consumable budget, whilst trying to drive down cost of quality.
- Managing Milk Segregation from a quality perspective.
- Degree or equivalent in Food or related discipline – desirable
- A strong background working in the food industry, ideally within Dairy.
- Experience in a Technical Manager role at a senior level
- Experience working with the UK major retailers, HACCP and quality systems