A superb opportunity for an NPD Wizard to join an award winning kids snacks food company due to expansion to support the NPD function. This is a brand new role working closely with both the NPD and Technical Managers, utilising strong end to end project management skills to the full to launch new products across both the UK and International markets.
- Validate consumer, commercial and category needs to identify genuine innovation to grow the category and increase brand share
- Attend food shows, visit retailers and review consumer insights to identify innovation opportunities
- Support NPD Manager to develop a robust pipeline of new products and validate them against brand criteria
- End to end project management to launch profitable new products to market
- Accurately review pricing of new products to meet company margin aspirations
- Manage relationships with new and existing suppliers to develop products in line with technical, nutritional, commercial and consumer needs
- Liaise with all departments/stakeholders across the business including sales, logistics and finance
- It is envisaged you will have a marketing or business degree or equivalent. You will have experience of NPD but not necessarily within a food environment, although that is a bonus. But particularly important is the ability to manage multiple projects and work under time pressure.
- If you don’t have a food background, you will need to be a quick learner with the ability to use your own initiative and to hit the ground running.
- You will be commercially savvy and comfortable reviewing new product pricing in line with company margins.
- You will be confident with speaking to new people both on the phone and face to face. You will also be involved in the presentation of NPD projects to the wider Kiddylicious team so strong communication skills are a must.
- You will have keen attention to detail and be able to prioritise and organise your workload. You will have good I.T. literacy with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ideally you will have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A small degree of travel is required in this role either to visit new/existing suppliers or to attend food shows, typically no more than a day or two per month.
Nova Search are handling this vacancy as an Employment Agency.