Junior R&D Developer
This position would see you working to deliver customised projects for key customers of this global food manufacturer.
This would include working with wet, dry and frozen products. The Junior Developer (R&D Coordinator) role will support the product developers in developing new products as required from new product briefs.
Main duties of the role are as follows:
- Support the product developers in developing new products as detailed on product briefs, ensuring regulatory compliance and the Company Standard are upheld.
- Supports in completing product costings in PLM for Dry and Frozen teams.
- Works with Product Developers to complete system information and paperwork for a new product launch or change.
- With supervision sources new ingredients as required to fulfil customer briefs. Working effectively in conjunction with other teams, such as Buyers.
- Assists Product Developers in customer visits and presentations. Confidently showing the company in a positive light.
- Own the entire R&D process for smaller projects from brief to launch, with support from a Product Developer.
- Prepare customer samples as needed, ensuring all samples are legal, safe and made to the customers standards.
- Support the R & D Assistant/ Samples Technician when required, for example requesting ingredients from the warehouse and booking couriers.
- Support the R & D Assistant in their development.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years food manufacturing experience, ideally within a bakery background.
- Some recipe formulation experience, ideally with bakery products.
- Some basic knowledge of ingredients and their function within a recipe.
- Some knowledge of quality and safety standards within bakery products.
- Confident using Microsoft products, especially excel, outlook and word.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Fluent English – written and spoken.
- Willingness to learn
- Customer focus, enthusiasm to provide an excellent service to our customers.
- Team player – willing to support and assist others to ensure a successful outcome for the whole team.
Interviews to happen ASAP after Christmas.
Indicative Salary Range: £22000 - 25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.