This position would see you working to deliver customised projects for key customers of this global food manufacturer.
This would include working with wet, dry and frozen products. The R & D Assistant will support the product developers with making samples, testing new ingredients, maintenance of ingredients, test bakery housekeeping and product testing as required.
Main duties of the role are as follows:
- Support the entire team by ensuring standard bakery ingredients and packing are available through managing stock and ordering as appropriate from the warehouse.
- Makes samples for the R & D Team including customer samples, test samples and testing of new ingredients.
- Ensuring all samples made adhere to the highest quality, safety and customer standards.
- Completing testing for the team and ensuring the data is recorded accurately in a timely manner. E.g. pH testing, shelf life, ingredient testing and viscosity of ingredients.
- Maintain excellent hygiene, quality and safety standards in the test bakery. Including deep cleaning of bakery equipment and coordinating maintenance needs.
- When required complete samples for the sales team, including made to order, booking couriers and sending samples to customers.
- To promote and maintain the Company's culture, values and policies.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 years food manufacturing experience, ideally within a bakery background.
- Passion for baking, and a desire to progress in a career within R & D.
- Confident in using all Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- An effective team player – willing to support and assist others to ensure a successful outcome for the whole team.
- Awareness of customer service – a desire to provide excellent customer service to the Company's customers.
- Some basic knowledge of safety and quality standards, and the importance of maintaining these.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
Interview to be held ASAP after Christmas.
Indicative Salary Range: £18000 - 23000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.