Head of Quality and Food Standards
This position is a senior technical position, working for a household name in the food industry. The role holds overall responsibility for the safety and legality of all food being purchased, endorsed, or in any way connected to the company, and to ensure food within the business remains aligned with company values.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Leading the technical function within the group.
- Being responsible for technical approval processes across all company food purchasing / licensing /endorsement activities.
- Managing all issues relating to food safety in the business (excluding restaurant operations).
- Managing technical issues relating to the licensing of the brand in food retail.
- Ensuring all activities within the group (food service, retail, media, endorsements etc.), are in line with Food Standards.
- Developing and managing a quality control / quality assurance system
- Being first point of contact for issues relating to food safety or food standards.
- Being responsible for food safety / brand integrity crisis management.
- Managing the food technical team
The Head of Technical is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- Qualified and confident in food safety management systems, and able to adapt them to this varied and fast-changing business.
- Experienced in managing food safety within retail and foodservice organisations.
- Familiar with web-based supplier and product management systems.
- Experienced in food ethical issues and the certification schemes which surround them, including animal welfare and sustainability.
- Knowledgeable about food and farming with a keen interest in agriculture.
This is a fantastic opportunity and one that requires a high calibre candidate
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.