Shift Team Leader
Mars Food is dedicated to providing better food today and a better world tomorrow. We seek to make everyday meals healthier, easier, more affordable and tastier, and to serve more communities responsibly. We employ more than 2,000 Associates and have 11 manufacturing sites. Our 12 leading food brands are available in more than 28 countries, and include a one billion-dollar brand, UNCLE BEN’S®, which is more than 70 years old.
An opportunity within Mars Foods Supply site in Kings Lynn has arisen. The role reports to the Value Stream Manager.This is a hands-on role that leads and takes responsibility for the day-to-day shift operations from a safety, quality and food safety and performance perspective. The main purpose of this role is to manage the shift team for all production lines, creating an engaging Associate environment, responsible for all factors that drive excellent factory performance. As the senior site Associate on nights and weekends, the job holder will be full site custodian and Plant Emergency Team Leader ensuring Associate safety, site security, food safety and quality standards are maintained across the whole site. This job holder is a key member of the operations management team driving the site forward.
- To manage the day to day operation of a value stream to deliver agreed operation performance criteria in terms of output, costs, quality, customer service, safety and hygiene
- To provide line management for an assigned team; allocating work, managing staffing levels, delivering communications, constructing engagement plans, setting PDPs and ensuring that all attendance, grievance and disciplinary matters are dealt with in accordance with company procedures
- To work closely with the VSM to ensure the team has required capability, competence and attitude to succeed in delivering team or area objectives
- To be a role model to others in embedding and adherence to standards
- To provide clear communication and be a first point of contact to the team
- Actively support FMOS, lead JTM process and conduct process confirmation tours to ensure all conditions are met to deliver required shift performance at value stream and factory level
- To work within, and be a role model for Mars Policies and Practices and the 5 Principles
- To identify, support and lead Continuous Improvement projects driving improvements in efficiency and other line KPIs
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Proven track record in a manufacturing environment driving operational excellence and proactively managing safety and food safety.
- People management experience, particularly line management is essential to driving engagement and a high performance culture. The job holder will be approachable and have strong interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of production planning and a knowledge of lean tools and a continuous improvement mindset will be a benefit.
In return we offer:
- Great career progression
- Range of in-house training
- Competitive salary, bonus and range of large company benefits
We know it's important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful, you will be invited to an interview day. Don't worry we will give you plenty of time to prepare.
If it sounds like the right role for you, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you.