National Account Manager
National Account Manager – Wholesale, Off Trade
The Impulse and Wholesale team exists to unlock the continued growth opportunities for Diageo brands in small stores, discounters and off trade wholesale. With a sub channel AOP of over £160m split across 3 teams, the National Account Managers will have a huge responsibility for the day to day commercial delivery of the team.
Due to a recent promotion there is a NAM vacancy within the Wholesale team, with responsibility for the full Diageo portfolio across a range of GB Wholesale customers.
Reporting to the Wholesale Controller the role will have considerable P&L responsibility but will need a creative mind-set to challenge current ways of working where appropriate and to create joint business plans that unlock the best possible outcomes for Diageo, the customer and the Consumer. There is potential for the role in also taking the lead in delivering market share growth across a wider geography than their current customer portfolio and helping to influence the wider team.
The successful candidate will have to have, and demonstrate, high level learning agility – and be self-motivated grow and adapt to this restless and fast-paced environment. Solid commercial skills – always seeking ways to unlock value and beat the competition. Be restless in their commitment to beating the competition every day. Be obsessed with rigor and discipline in customer management – the basics of forecasting and cash management will be a key factor of success. Solid relationships internally and externally will be key to hitting the ground running.
- ENERGIZED & RELENTLESS in the pursuit of growth – roadblocks are challenges you relish and overcome with ease, you always have one eye on the future and are able to effortlessly define you can make the biggest impact for the whole team. Your energy is infectious.
- DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to deliver the right outcomes for the team, our customers and the business
- FAMOUS FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN - deals are not done until the product is in every outlet, visible, consumable and ultimately standing out from the competition – and importantly the back of house is as “clean as a whistle”.
- CALM under pressure – you can be trusted to deliver but are not afraid to enlist support when you need it.
- COMMERICAL RIGOR & UNDERSTANDING is vital as your objective is to make the MAXIMUM COMMERCIAL IMPACT for the TOTAL DIAGEO PORTFOLIO.
- STRONG NETWORKING & RELATIONSHIPS with customers, MFST and internal stakeholders alike are key to fulfilling our execution ambition meaning that you are able to inspire and hold tension when needed.
- Committed to PERSONAL GROWTH
- An ambassador for the channel and our brands PASSION, ENERGY & TENACITY are a given.
WILL TO WIN - You possess consistent & unquestionable drive to beat your targets every day. You are obsessed with beating the competition but have incredible judgement and build trust easily.
LEARNING AGILITY - You learn quickly & pride yourself on owning your personal development journey. You seek out feedback and most importantly respond to it.
FLEXIBLE & AGILE - You thrive in ambiguity & are optimistic about the opportunities that change presents. An agile communication style; a strong presenter that inspires customers and can engage internally
COMMERCIAL MINDSET - Understands how to create joint value that delights customers and grows profits for both businesses. Sells category opportunities first.
EXECUTION FOCUSED – You see through the job until the end, giving our customers confidence that we are as committed to “sell out” as they are.
ORGANIZED - Rigorous and disciplined – takes huge personal pride in their work. Can master systems and processes with ease quickly moving to support others to do the same. Solid excel skills are essential
ASPIRING LEADER & KEEN COACH – Being able to contribute outside of your own customer base on anything from innovation to SLOBS. Committed to growing the capability and careers of the Account Executives in the team