Diageo Belfast Packaging operates within a dynamic high speed working environment with a real focus on safety, quality, performance and costs through the use of Manufacturing Excellence practices.
We work hard to deliver performance while creating a sense of enjoyment in what we do. We believe Character is Everything.
About the Role
The Team Leader (Shift Manager) will provide leadership of the production teams for our canning & bottling line. This role will lead a team of dedicated operators and engineers.
The purpose of the Team Leader role is to ensure that we manufacture top quality product in a safe and hygienic environment. To ensure delivery against our production targets across a 24/7 operating environment, specifically; H & S, Quality, Service, Cost, Flexibility and People development.
As a Team Leader you will develop team members to reach their potential and to create high performing teams through leadership and coaching. The role holder will own and drive production performance to world class levels by continuously setting high standards and targets to deliver continuous improvements. A key ethos of the role is delivering sustainable manufacturing excellence practices, while championing the Diageo values and creating a sense of pride and enjoyment in what we do.
The Ideal Candidate - Character is Everything
- Educated to A level (or equivalent) with people management experience ideally a shift based FMCG manufacturing environment.
- Good working knowledge of H, S & Environmental legislation and standards with a formal H&S qualification or willing to complete
- Demonstrate the ability to lead, coach and develop others.
- Ideally some manufacturing excellence knowledge and a proactive and structured problem solving ability.
- Excellent communication and influencing ability and confidence in sustaining great working relationships.
- Commercial awareness, understanding of KPI’s, budgeting and performance delivery will support you to be successful in this role.
- Experience in the use of SAP (or MRP systems), Planned Maintenance, Environmental and Quality systems knowledge and experience is desirable although training will be given.