Site Hygiene Manager
It has never been a more exciting time to be part of a forward thinking company and a site that is delivering commercial success year on year. We are looking for amazing talent who can support the success of the site now and into the future.
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh prepared food market, specialising in developing private-label products for top global grocery retailers and well-known international foodservice operators.
Our Bakkavor site in Newark, which is part of our Desserts division, specialises in cream cakes and trifles and we are market leaders in both categories. To give a feel for the scale of manufacturing we produce 150 million units of cream cakes each year. We employ 1600 people and have plans to grow this significantly over the next 3 years.
Bakkavor Desserts Newark is looking to recruit a Site Hygiene Manager to provide leadership and drive within a fast paced environment ensuring that Health & Safety and Food Safety is top priority while still meeting business demands.
Your accountabilities include:
- Leading and coaching the hygiene function
- Communicating the Hygiene agenda to site. Ensuring the workforce is well informed on their relevant business news, encouraging cross functional links.
- Drive the health and safety and micro performance agenda's
- Proactively responds to incidents and supports the team to manage and react to incidents
- Drive team efficiency potentially introducing new ways of working
- Initiates and agrees training and development plans to deliver the longer term hygiene strategy. Training and development is used as a tool to ensure succession plans are in place.
- Drive the finished clean standards across the factory ensuring we are audit ready at all times
- Utilise budgetary trackers to ensure the department budget is met and performance reduction plans are in place.
- Project activity which currently includes factory expansion preparation.
This role is Monday to Friday mixed across days, evening and nights to be discussed.
In return you will receive excellent development opportunities and a salary £50,000 – 55,000 depending on experience plus car or car allowance, bonuses, pension, healthcare.