Process Development Technologist
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Working at the Bakkavor Meals Abbeydale site, and reporting into the Lead Process Development Technologist, you will be conducting factory trials to the required quality standard and timescales. Liaising with the Lead Process Development Technologist & Process Development Manager, you will ensure clarity on trial expectations, collating relevant data from trials (eg weights, photos, yields, visco. etc) to review with Senior/ Lead Process Development Technologist.
- Conducts factory trials to the required quality standard and timescales. Liaises with Lead Process Development Technologist & Process Development Manager to ensure clarity on trial expectations
- Liaises with Operations team to schedule trial timings
- Liaises with Procurement team to ensure all raw materials/packaging available for trials
- Signs off products from factory trial internally with Process and Development teams
- Collates relevant data from trials (eg weights, photos, yields, visco. etc) to review with Senior/ Lead Process Development Technologist
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience of Ready Meals in the Factory
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- High level of computer literacy
- Be highly organised with good attention to detail
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Adept at working alone and as part of a team
- Willingness to learn and develop