Category Procurement Manager
Monday – Friday - 08.30 to 17.00
Good salary + Bonus + Private Healthcare
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual to join the Procurement team as a Category Procurement Manager.
This role is a pivotal role, accountable for well over £50m of expenditure. Setting and delivering of effective sourcing strategies to manage risk and optimise business expenditure to deliver competitive advantage to the businesses. You will have in-depth knowledge within the category and be recognised as an expert both internally and externally in both products and market.
Delivering project management, sourcing and supplier selection, and ongoing cost reduction activities, in a decentralised environment, where influencing skills are more important than line management experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of buying Raw Materials (veg oils, fats, margs – commodity products)
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent numeracy ability
- Strong and articulate communicator
- Sound understanding and experience of the key procurement fundamentals
- Negotiation experience
- Ability to manage change
- Degree or equivalent preferable
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Company Car
- Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
- Group Pension (including employer contributions)
- First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects