Health, Safety & Environment Manager
From a secret recipe to a bold idea and very proud traditions, we build the future. Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is a major fast-moving consumer goods business in Europe and the world’s largest independent Coca-Cola bottler. Across 13 countries, our employees make, sell and distribute the world’s most loved drinks brands to more than 300 million people. Some of the brands you will find in our portfolio are Coca-Cola®, Fanta®, Powerade®, Glaceau Vitaminwater®, Monster® And Capri-Sun®.
Leading brands, great people and a focus on (personal) growth that comes with it.
Do you like to be able to influence and make a difference? Does a fast paced environment suit you?
Do you enjoy working in a multi-functional environment with a desire to succeed?
At CCEP, we want to provide a workplace where people are inspired to be the best they can be. We know that engaged, motivated employees, working to their full capacity and able to reach their personal career goals, are a critical part of our Company’s long-term success.
Health, Safety and Environment Manager - Wakefield
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Flexible Benefits + Share Scheme + Pension Plan + Health Care
What you become part of:
Wakefield Operations is the largest plant in CCEP and the biggest soft drink plant in Europe which produces over 50% of GB’s volume across their 7 manufacturing, 2 preform and 1 repack lines. The site can produce 360,000 cans per hour and 132,000 bottles per hour. There are over 300 employees across Manufacturing, QESH and Engineering, experience here can lead to excellent career opportunities both in Wakefield and further afield across other GB sites and Pan-European locations.
What to expect:
You will lead on-site Health and Safety expertise and the implementation of Health and Safety policies and standards to ensure the site achieves healthy and safe working and a zero accident approach. Key responsibilities include:
- Site Health, Safety & Environment Policy Definition
- Implement CCEP Policy and requirements into detailed working instructions to be incorporated into the site Health, Safety & Environment management control systems
- Define the standards for Health, Safety & Environment risk assessments to be completed by Manufacturing and Distribution on the job (Basic) to ensure hazards are recognised and eliminated
- Complete sample audits of Basic risk assessments to ensure compliance and action-planning
- Define the standards for Health and Safety and drive CI projects to improve performance
- Health and Safety Risk Management - System of risk assessments in place, monitored and improved through inclusive involvement of working groups
- Coach teams through HSE related incident investigations to ensure there is no risk to people and incorporate learnings into future operational practices
- Lead the site in delivery of the HSE plan and compliance to requirements
- Active involvement in reduction of risk through continual improvement
- Manage cost control of agreed budget lines and report performance
- Play a leadership role within manufacturing, personally role-modelling behaviours and own performance required to achieve the site’s objectives
- Create a culture of effective cross-functional and flexible working on site (flexibility across lines & functions) to ensure labour flexibility to meet fluctuations in demand, create opportunities for career paths and cost-effective labour planning
- Support and develop the performance of individual team members utilising performance management tools and techniques
Skills & Essentials:
- Health and Safety expert qualification as senior specialist on site e.g NEBOSH etc
- Environmental Management qualification (desirable) otherwise experience in managing and delivering efficiencies and assuring environmental legal compliance
- Health and Safety practitioner in a sizable, multi-function operational site with a number of risks and hazards
- Experience of driving cultural/behavioural change in safety
If this role is of interest to you please upload a recent copy of your CV and a member of the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch.
We believe that equal opportunities means inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.
We aim to make our recruitment process as comfortable and accessible as possible and would appreciate it if you would advise us of any particular requirements, adjustments or requests you may have to help us ensure that your experience is enjoyable.