Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Clerk to be based in our distribution site in West Drayton.
As a Transport Clerk you will be responsible to support the operational team with managing the daily driver schedule.
- Monitor daily pre-check and debrief sheets and vehicle defect sheets highlighting any items which require action to the fleet assistant
- Support supervisors in the timely completion and tray return
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of scanning of delivery nots upon receipt back to depot, including the day to day maintenance of scanning equipment
- Amend route drop sheets in accordance with supervisory requests and driver feedback to ensure best fit and efficient route activity
- Act as a point of contact for customer services, providing real time information on delivery status and responding to specific customer requests
- Support drivers and supervisors in administering relevant forms, ensuring all information is provided and corresponded to the relevant maintenance provider
- Run and issue daily reports, including delivery notes and drop sheets
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The working days are Sunday to Thursday and the working times are a on a 2 weeks flexi-shift - 9pm to 6am and 6am to 3am.
The ideal candidate
- FMCG or Food manufacturing experience - desirable
- Previous Transport experience - desirable
- Excellent Communication skills – both written and verbal
- Great team player with a can-do attitude
- Able to work on own initiative and solve problems
- Have a flexible approach to work and the ability to work under pressure
- Capable to be well organised and structured in the approach to work
- Excellent data manipulation skills through MS Excel
- To have an excellent attention to detail
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, circa up to £18,500 per annum
- 33 Days days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Lunch
- Free parking on site
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.