NPD & Process Technologist
NPD & Process Tech / Manager.
Scunthorpe, chilled & frozen
Purpose of the job
Innovation and development of new and existing products. To facilitate NPD projects within the company with tasks ranging from R&D work on a small scale through to full scale factory trails and launch. This includes collating and writing raw material specifications, supplier information and certificates of analysis.
Role involves liaising with all departments including Technical, Sales, Engineering, Procurement and Warehousing.
- Functions and responsibilities of the post
- Development and launch of new products to meet product briefs within food safety, legality and quality parameters
- Manage NPD & EPD projects from conception through to production
- Overall awareness of comparative products for all major retailers and brands.
- Keeping up to date with competitor launches, consumer trends and restaurant trends affecting consumer behaviour and food purchasing decisions, through store and exhibition visits and various related media formats.
- Comprehensive understanding of HACCP and the importance of considering HACCP in the early stages of development. HACCP team member.
- Coordinate factory trails and validations
- Identification of new raw materials for projects and liaison with procurement following material and supplier approval
- To be fully conversant with all on site manufacturing capabilities, ingredients, process conditions and parameters.
- Participate in post launch reviews, tracking post launch review actions to close out.
- Engage in research of new ingredients or processes that may provide commercial advantage
- Provide documentation and specifications for factory trials, supplier approval, raw material specifications, costing and finished products.
- Coordinate customer visits and produce and deliver presentations
- Completion of HFSS, nutrition, FE tables for new products.
- Write and maintain raw material specifications.
- Compile supplier information and certification on a year round basis and regularly updating approved supplier documents
- Produce samples for and carry out consumer research on new products in house and externally, liaising with Marketing.
- Modifying existing products and processes and developing new ones where required.
- Blue sky innovation for branded products
- Whist at work all staff are required to:
- Take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts and omissions
- Co-operate and abide by company policies and procedures and promoting equality and diversity as part of everyday working
- Display attributes that reflect our seven values - Service, United, Communication, Change, Energy, Excellence – SUCCEED.
- Scope of Role/Job context
- Work allocated by Marketing Manager
- General guidelines and specific instructions are provided within procedures & policies
- External relations will include Suppliers and Clients
Apply for NPD & Process Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly