- Are you an experienced Laboratory Manager within a food environment?
- Are you a strong leader and a great communicator?
If so, we'd love to hear from you as my client based in Kent is looking to recruit a Laboratory Manager to join their chilled food manufacturing business.
You will be the company expert and go to, in ensuring all sampling and analysis is carried out to schedule and within budget whilst managing a small and independent team. You will be responsible for the Quality Management System ensuring it is up to date as well as accurate and robust, and communicate across the wider business new policies as well as revised & improved ones. Health & Safety will always be at the core of the team whilst promoting a safe working environment. You will be responsible for driving projects and innovation, whilst dealing with internal and external customers.
The Successful Candidate:
- BSc in microbiology, biological sciences or relevant science discipline.
- Previous experience within a microbiological environment within the food industry.
- A proven track record in managing a laboratory.
- A solid understanding of ISSO 17025 and ISO 14001.
- Strong analytical skills are a given but you must have the ability to identify and act upon issues and trends.
- Strong leadership skills are essential.
- An auditing qualification is an advantage but not essential.
Salary: £40,000 plus benefits
Job Reference: JR11137
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect.
Apply for Laboratory Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly