Project Shift Manager
Job title: Project Shift Manager
Salary: £40k + 35% shift allowance
Hours: 12 hours shifts days and nights
*Fixed Term Contract*
*Within 8 weeks rota you will get 8 consecutive days off*
Overall Role Purpose
The purpose of the role is to manage the production process for the specified shift with effective team leadership, resource management, process improvement and root cause analysis using the Performance through People (PTP) tools and processes.
Accountable for the Shift, ensuring production plans are met. Manage overall results for the shift ensuring the safety, quality, productivity, cost, delivery & morale for the key performance indicators are achieved. Train and coach all team members to enhance skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manages and develops the performance of the team including team leader (where applicable), in order to achieve objectives, by coaching, upskilling and holding team members accountable.
- Accountable for executing the unit strategic initiatives across all areas of the balanced scorecard for the shift.
- Accountable for KPI targets and results of the shift across the balanced scorecard (safety, quality, productivity, cost, delivery & morale).
- Responsible for delivery of production plan for shift and reporting on shift results daily & periodically.
- Accountable for delivery of shift specific improvement projects for the shift using the Performance through People (PTP) tools and processes.
- Ensures collaboration with other units and functions where necessary in the achievement of results
- Implementation of company policies within area.
- Ensures own work and own team’s work is compliant with relevant legal, health and safety, environmental and human resources policies, procedures, objectives and regulations.
- Ensures effective deployment of resources and skills to deliver results in line with budget.
- Responsible for completion of a thorough handover at the end of each shift to counterpart on following shift.
Shift Managers, Team leaders, Planning coordinator, Logistic Shift Managers, Quality Support Leader, Safety Advisor
Management/ Leadership Skills Required
Leadership skills, management skills, accountable for daily activities of team, forward planning for the shift, conducting performance reviews, coaching team members, conducting disciplinaries and grievances.
-Leadership experiene within a manufacturing environment.
-Experience in a food manufacturing environment.
If you are interested in finding out more please send your CV to Scott Ballantine - Apply Now!
All applications treated with discretion and confidentiality.
Apply for Project Shift Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly